Monday, May 17, 2010

whole roasted red snapper

After I got home from the Renaissance Fair last night, my mom pulls these guys out of the fridge and told me she wants me to cook them somehow. Whole fish excite me, so I was glad to.



I had thought about a couple of more over-the-top means of preparing them, such as with a feta, olive and sun-dried tomato stuffing, or maybe stuffed with a creamy crab salad, but I did something I don't normally do, and went with something much simpler. These were lemon juice, fresh garlic, lemon slices, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme. Nothing too extravagant. Baked for 35 minutes at 400 degrees.

Potatoes were also roasted. Quartered red potatoes with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper. Nothing genius, and yet these came out like gold little candies.









Grilled the asparagus, and made a Greek yogurt cream sauce. Full fat Greek yogurt, which is amazing. Some other spices, lemon juice, fresh garlic, parsley, my favorite Hungarian paprika...probably other things I grabbed...salt and pepper.







No comments:

Post a Comment