Sunday, April 25, 2010

birthday breakfast for dad

This morning I got up early and made my dad Macadamia Nut Belgian waffles with pineapple, scrambled eggs, sausage links, orange juice, and Hawaiian place settings. Served with butter and real maple of course.



My grandmother, his mother, is really known for her innovative skills in the kitchen, and one tradition she kept up with was waffles and pancakes and all the fixings at least once every weekend. I got my waffle iron with her in mind a few years ago, and I really love using it. The possibilities of that little thing are endless. And it's practically retard-proof. Anyhow, I wanted to remind my dad how loved he is in a traditional nostalgic way that he's familiar with. Not that this is the first time I've made him breakfast or anything...
but yeah...he was raised by a wonderful, strong, rather old fashioned skillful woman, married a fiery loving woman, and as his daughter, I want to be that other little woman who can make him happy and give him the love that he so deserves as my daddy.

sausage, yeah. cackling away as i cooked them on obliteratingly high heat so that the fat would make a nice dark crust.



scrambled eggs. 3 eggs, 2 tbsp half and half, salt, pepper...i add a tiny pinch of baking powder also, and let the eggs sit for at least five minutes before i cook them slowly in butter. so now you know.
forgot to take a picture of the waffles in their little maker...



Happy Birthday, Daddy ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment