Saturday, August 8, 2009

the almost-end of summer
















It's early August, and I'm so ready for school to start again. This summer was great, but I start to get kinda loopy without a solid schedule for too much of a time.





Last night was the monthly cycledelics bike ride. it was really fun. even though i was struggling to keep up on the "slow-paced leisure ride".
Tonight should be a typical Riverside night. My wonderful friends' bands are playing a free show at one of the prettiest little spots in this sometimes seemingly hopeless off-shoot of LA town.
In the meantime, I think I'll go running and then take the rather ugly and desolate drive to Cardenas for dirt cheap produce. (10 lbs of oranges and 8 lbs of green cabbage for a dollar? i kid you not.)
I feel like hiking up mt rubidoux alone. Pictures if i do.

Here are somethings that I've cooked lately to get things started...
apparently I still need to figure out how to work this thing. Shown: Cupcakes from brother's july 4th birthday kegger!; Baklava stuffed with pistaccios, walnuts, and a brown sugar-honey-cinnamon-lemon zest goo; Sweet mustard-rubbed pork tenderloin with leftover potato salad and cheesey potato pancakes; ceviche de camaron con galletas (or is it saladas?)
Have a great day, everyone! Take your vitamins!










No comments:

Post a Comment