Saturday, June 12, 2010

dark chocolate, walnut, marshmallow...?!





Rocky road brownies. For mah grad girl.



Just made a batch of good dark chocolate brownies and underdid them a little before topping with marshmallows and chopped walnuts. Let the marshmallow melt and brown a little, and drizzle with melted chocolate ganache. I kinda splooshed chocolate everywhere though and the brownies didn't look pretty anymore so I topped with more marshmallows and walnuts.

Mom's giving me her '70s cookies and candies cookbook! I love this thing. I've been using it for years, but never thought she'd give it to me. The pages are yellow and it smells like a library book. The binding is soft and the pictures are all varying shades of yellows, reds and browns, showing a time I've never even existed in.
So far every recipe I've tried out of here has been a real treasure. Sometimes cookbook authors now-a-days get a little carried away and deviate from the things that are just GOOD.

Umm, and there are my pantyhose.



Romper.

No comments:

Post a Comment