Friday, November 26, 2010

Red Velvet Cake for Thanksgiving

Mountainous cream cheese buttercream. Dollop. Blop. Bloop.



Schmear schmear schmear.



ommm



nom nom



lick



nom



heeheehee



Taadaaa! Decided to steal a little trick from the bakery, and used cake crumbs as a decoration. And some teeny semi-sweet chocolate chips that got the little girl picking treatment later that night ^_^



I would have been slapped upside the head for the imperfect nature of this cake when I worked at the bakery, but oh well. Cake is the last thing in this world that should breed unpleasantness.



So, boys with frosting is definitely one of my favorite things ever. Right up there with two-handed oatmeal eating (I'll explain in a later post) and sleeping with a vibrating feline.
One beater for each little noogie. They were overjoyed. I was warmed to the bone.
Frosting was 1 box powdered sugar (about 4 cups), 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), 1 8 oz package cream cheese, and 2 tsp vanilla. Cake was from the box. Very simply because it's really good, and the separate ingredients would have cost me around 10 dollars, whereas the box was $1.
I actually ate a bit of this and doing so released a flood of dopamine throughout my system.

So yeah. Thanksgiving dessert. Happy Holidays, yo!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment