Friday, November 26, 2010

Tofu and fried potato scramble

Tofu scramble for the boys:



In a separate pan, I fried some diced red potatoes in olive oil and butter with chile powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne until browned on all sides. Crisping potatoes do wonders for the senses.

I had planned on the scramble and potatoes being separate, but putting them together just seemed so right once I saw them coming together alongside one-another. The scramble was green bell pepper, garlic and onion also cooked down in olive oil and butter. Followed by mushrooms. Salt and pepper. Cooked til all veggies were soft, wilted and buttery. Added a mixture of eggs, mashed tofu, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano. Added potatoes back in. Fold and fry some more. Cilantro. Finished with cheddar shreds.



All melted and ready. I aim to make dishes wonderful without adding cheese...and then for Noah, I proceed to add cheese.



Snow outside of Jo-anns that looked like frosted mini wheats.



Quick dinner I made for myself and Noah after a long run. Similar to the usual. Eggplant, garlic, homemade teriyaki mixture, scallions, onions, mushrooms, celery, cilantro, bell pepper, tofu. Gets it done. This was ready in much less time it takes to make rice. I love woks. Soft, wilty eggplant and firm tofu cubes. Meaty, savory mushrooms and a sweet sauce with aggressively garlicky overtones. I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment