Tuesday, January 25, 2011

checking some stuff off the 2011 list

Molded jello.



This DEFINITELY could have been much more impressive. I wasn't even going to post this on the blog, but the fact is, it tasted really good. Very tropical and fresh for the dead of winter. Peach, pineapple, grapefruit, apple...unfortunately, all kind of one color...also color-limited because I got too impatient to allow for the layers of jello to form before adding another and another. Sigh. Again though, tasted so fresh and fruity. Also added fresh mint into the hot jello. I thought it might be weird, but it was fabulous in the way it boldened the fruit.

My new favorite bowl.



GROSS PHONE PICTURE of a squid salad. Either believe me or don't, but this was truly delicious. I boiled the squid in just some water that I spiced up a bit to fit my needs, and let it cool (I did overcook it some, but I happen to like it that way). Added to an extensive marinating salad: cucumber, poblano pepper, tomato, bell pepper, cilantro, lime, avocado, salsa verde, garlic, scallion, and watercress. Threw in some spicy things. Salt and pepper. The avocado, salsa verde and lime all kind of made this really lovely, slightly-creamy and tangy dressing. Complimented the sweet meatiness of the squid very nicely. Let the whole thing marinate for a good amount of time. Then I ate this in bed, sweaty from a nighttime work out, watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.



Totally unrelated to cooking, but all-related to my happiness. If I could recreate the universe, it would resemble all that lies within the pages of these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment