Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wine-poached salmon and roasted veg

Dudes ready for the oven. My oven is so tiny that I had to kind of lodge this baking sheet in on an angle. Somehow came out okay.



After a little roasty time:



Mini wine bottles, fresh herbs, Little Debbies, glowing bunnies, lemons and sharp knives. My life.



Hydrogenated-fat-laden, wax-coated, plastic-wrapped Valentines Day sweets for my Noah ^_^



Poaching. Found some decent pieces of salmon (with skin, with bones...more flavor, more fat, more nutrients), and poached them in a liquid mixture of vegetable broth, white wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper.



I love when things are bubbling and steaming from my little kitchen.



These cooked nicely. They were cooked through just enough, so that they retained and absorbed even more moisture from the broth and kind of fell apart a bit when I pulled them out of their bath carefully. Could have had more flavor I think. More wine and more salt. Always the answer. But I still found them delicious and wonderfully satisfying.



Finished roasting. Mushrooms, asparagus, garlic, shallot, red bell pepper, baby tomatoes, basil tossed with balsamic, salt and pepper. This would have honestly been even more delicious just as the mushrooms, asparagus, basil, garlic and shallot. The red stuff kind of brought an un-needed sweetness. But let's not get too critical.



Relative success. Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment