Monday, January 9, 2012

Some yuppie-duppie hippie shit!

Yesterday was a beautiful day, with only 3 hours of daylight to savor as I woke up at 2 pm. Went to Winco for its fabulous cheapness, and to the co-op for its fabulous fabulousness.

Abandoning veganism was one of the most nurturing things I've done for myself, but I still find myself being vegan majority of the time. Most whole, healthy foods are vegan, and animal ingredients make me uncomfortable unless they were prepared in some kind of loving context - by a mother, a grandmother, a dear friend. So I'll eat nothing but veggies, fruits, nuts, etc, and then when gramma pops up with a ham, or my best friend slaves over a turkey, I simply cannot, will not, say no. The carnal pleasure too does not go ignored. Trust me.



Avocados can be made into seriously annnything requiring milk or cream. So good!



Hippie dippie shit was avocado mashed into oblivion with lemon juice, this beautiful deep red ancho chili powder from my mama, and pink sea salt. So pretty! This would be basically the "sauce." Shirataki noodles, fresh chopped tomatoes, fresh basil from my little plant, fresh parsley, artichoke hearts, scallions, garlic, umm umm...



pretty spices



Ended up tasting like a light, yet also sorta fatty pasta salad! Probably largely due to the vinegar in the artichokes, the velvet fat of the avocado, and the savory potency of garlic. So good. No cooking for this one. Rawness is good most of the time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment